"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Wonderful Post from The Imperfect Wives

 

Living with an Unbelieving Husband

Many wives are married to an unbelieving husband. I used to be one of them. The reason I'm using the word "unbelieving" is because this is just what Bill was. He did not believe the Bible is God's Word. He felt that the Bible was filled with good stories that could help a person learn and grow to be a better human being, but did not believe each detail was true or relevant for today.

Can you imagine my heart as the beats multiplied with each conversation we had on this subject?

Doubt would fill my soul. Urgency to see his salvation come would lead me to damage the work God had already done in his heart, the work I could not see.  Each conversation left me in a pool of despair for my husband.


I had to learn how to talk to Bill and what God wanted me to do as a godly wife.


I had to learn fast. Each word I spoke had the power to sow life or death into Bill and my marriage...and I had already sown enough death.

to read the rest please head over and check them out.

Living with an unbelieving husband

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!