"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Thursday, September 8, 2011

How to change your husband

 

*image from Google search

 

HUH!?!  You can do that!?!  Nope… only God can!

When I first rededicated I wanted to do everything I could to make my Father happy,  I prayed and asked what I could do to make Him happy and how I could be a better wife to Shane.

I started reading The Power of A Praying Wife.  When I first started that book I was so shocked that she would tell me I needed to start with myself first!  WHAT!?!  But he is the one that needs to change!

After I finally soaked it in and prayed about it then I understood.  you can only change yourself, not your spouse.  Only through God & prayer can your spouse change.

Now I am still working on this, every single day.  Praying that He will help me not be so defensive, that He will help me to understand that my husband loves me & when he snaps at me it’s not always about me, it’s something else he is dealing with. 

So all you can do is pray.  Pray for strength and guidance, pray that the Lord will help you to let go and let Him have control.  Let Him take care of your spouse.  Let Him be the one to soften his heart. 

Pray for help to change yourself, to serve joyfully and not begrudgingly.  Pray for wisdom and for strength continuously!

While you are waiting to see His glory, then you can always have the Lord as your spouse.  He will be there to lift you up, give you encouragement and comfort.  Just rest in His arms and find peace in Him!

For your Maker is your husband- the Lord Almighty is His name- the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer, He is called the God of all the earth. ~Isaiah 54:5

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!