"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Jesus Calling Day 18

Jesus callingSo.. a friend of mine was/is doing a daily devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  I decided to head on over iTunes and see what they had since I had a gift card for iTunes.  They had it so I got it.  I really like it.  The one I got is more like an app than the audible book but I still like it.  I haven’t had it that long but just wanted to share.  I will be posting my daily devotions for a while too since I have nothing much else to write about lately.

I am leading you along the high road, but there  are descents as well as ascents.  In the distance you will see snow-covered peaks glistening in brilliant sunlight.  your longing to reach those peaks is good, but you must not take shortcuts.  your assignment is to follow Me, allowing Me to direct your path.  Let the heights beckon you onward, but stay close to Me.

Learn to trust Me when things go “wrong”.  Disruptions to your routine highlight your dependence on Me.  Trusting acceptance of trials brings blessings that far outweigh them all.  I have lovingly planned every inch of the way.  Trust does not falter when the path becomes rocky and steep.  Breathe deep draughts of My Presence, an hold tightly to My hand.  Together we can make it!

Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then He said to him, "Follow me!" ~John 21:19
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. ~2 Corinthians 4:17
The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
He enables me to tread on the heights.
For the director of music. On my stringed instruments. ~Habakkuk 3:19
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!