"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Jesus Calling ~ Feb 2

Jesus callingSo.. a friend of mine was/is doing a daily devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  I decided to head on over iTunes and see what they had since I had a gift card for iTunes.  They had it so I got it.  I really like it.  The one I got is more like an app than the audible book but I still like it.   I will be posting my daily devotions for a while too since I have nothing much else to write about lately.

 

I am renewing your mind.  When your thoughts flow freely, they tend to move toward problems.  your focus gets snagged on a given problem, circling round and round it in attempts to gain mastery.  Your energy is drained away from other matters though this negative focus.  Worst of all, you lose sight of Me.

A renewed mind is Presence-focused.  Train your mind to seek Me in every moment, every situation.  Sometimes you can find Me in your surroundings: a lilting birdsong, a loved one’s smile, golden sunlight.  At other times, you must draw inward to find Me.  I am always present in your spirit.  Seek My Face, speak to Me, and I will light up your mind.

 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. ~Romans 12:2 NKJV

Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face evermore!~Psalm 105:4 NKJV

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!