"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

God doesn’t have favorites


*Image from Free Digital Photos
I was praying for some friends the other day, praying hard, kind of begging for them.. then God told me, “I don’t show favoritism” 
I started kind of laughing.. I knew that, but still went ahead and asked anyways… but afterwards I understood. 

For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality nor takes a bribe~ Deuteronomy 10:17 NKJV

We all want the ones we love to be healed, whether it be physically, spiritually or mentally.  We always want the best for our loved ones.  It is kind of frustrating sometimes that He doesn’t show favoritism, but then again it is a good thing, because otherwise He’d probably just pass me over!  lol

Our God is an amazing God!  He loves ALL of us, no matter what!  He wants the best for us and sometimes the circumstances are just that… circumstances.  We grow because of our trials, we have to be the ones that chose to grow stronger because of them.  This is how He teaches us.. disciplines us as children.  Instead of pulling away from God, we must chose to grow closer to Him!

How great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him.  Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.  All who have this hope in Him purify themselves, just as He is pure.
~ 1 John 3:1-3 NIV

He will give us the rest we need, the peace we seek, once we finally decide to let go and leave it all at His feet.  Then we will have peace.  Trusting is so hard sometimes, us being human, we want to control everything.  God is the One that needs to be in control in our lives.  When we fully rely on God then that is when things go the best!

Then Jesus said, "Come to Me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. ~Matthew 11:28 NLT

So my prayer for today is this…

Father I want to thank You for not having favorites, that You love each and everyone of us the same!  That in doing this, no one is left getting less from You or more from You.  I pray that I will continue to have the strength to fully lay it down, lay it down before You.  Please Lord, help me to continue to trust in You so that I can grow stronger and closer to You!  Thank You Lord for loving us all so much, none of us deserve such love but You lavish us with it anyways!  Thank You Lord for making everything new every morning!  For giving us so many chances, and thank You that You never stop loving us!
In Your loving name, Amen!


Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world. ~James 4:8 NLT
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!