"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Friday, January 13, 2012

Jesus Calling- Day 13

For all of those that have joined in with 'His Word Friday', thank you!  Right now I am doing a Daily Devotional and posting on that.  Some Fridays will be from the Devotional other Fridays will still be 'His Word Friday' so keep checking back!  Hope everyone has a blessed weekend!

Jesus callingSo.. a friend of mine was/is doing a daily devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  I decided to head on over iTunes and see what they had since I had a gift card for iTunes.  They had it so I got it.  I really like it.  The one I got is more like an app than the audible book but I still like it.  I haven’t had it that long but just wanted to share.  I will be posting my daily devotions for a while too since I have nothing much else to write about lately.


Try to view each day as an adventure, carefully planned out by your guide.  Instead of staring into the day that is ahead of you, attempting to program it according to your will, be attentive to Me and all that I have prepared for you.

Thank Me for this day of life, recognizing that it is a precious, unrepeatable gift.  Trust that I am with you each moment whether you sense my presence or not.  A thankful, trusting attitude helps you to see offense in your life from My prospective. 

A life lived close to Me will never be dull or predictable.  Expect each day to contain surprises, resist your tendency to search for the easiest route through the day.  Be willing to follow wherever I lead.  No matter how steep or treacherous the path before you, the safest place to be is by My side.

This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it.~Psalm 118:24


For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps ~1 Peter 2:21 Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!