"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Jesus Calling ~ Feb 4th

Jesus callingSo.. a friend of mine was/is doing a daily devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  I decided to head on over iTunes and see what they had since I had a gift card for iTunes.  They had it so I got it.  I really like it.  The one I got is more like an app than the audible book but I still like it.


 

Bring Me your weakness, and receive My Peace.  Accept yourself and your circumstances just as they are, remembering that I am sovereign over everything.  Do not wear yourself out with analyzing and planning.  Instead, let thankfulness and trust be your guides through this day; they will keep you close to Me.  As you live in the radiance of My Presence, My Peace shines upon you.  You will cease to notice how weak or strong you feel, because you will be focusing on Me.  The best way to get through this day is step by step with Me.  Continue this intimate journey, trusting that the path you are following is headed for heaven. 

The Lord gives strength to His people;
the Lord blesses His people with peace. ~Psalm 29:11
 
"'"The Lord bless you
and keep you;
the Lord make His face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn His face toward you
and give you peace."' ~Numbers 6:24-26
 
But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.~Psalm 13:5

Accepting myself is something that is sometimes hard for me to do.  So many times I am so hard on myself for not doing things just right,  worrying about how the day will go and if I will get things done right and on time.  This is a wonderful reminder that I need to stay focused on Him and let Him lead me through my days and trials and believe that I am His child and I am so loved by Him!!!  These verses are so very powerful!!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!